FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading Human Capital Management Firm. We are assisting our client in their search for a Project Supervisor in the Washington, DC Metro area. Our client is Mid-Atlantic's most trusted and recognized high-end, custom home building firm. This opportunity offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. This position is full time and permanent.
The Project Supervisor will be a proactive and instrumental part of the Team, building the most complex and high-end ocean front and coastal homes in the area. She/he will utilize and implement the most advanced building techniques, materials, and building science to achieve the highest standards in the construction industry. She/he will need to excel in time management, scheduling, communication, current industry software/ technology, construction knowledge, and customer service.
The Project Supervisor is responsible for managing the construction process, overseeing and scheduling all on-site construction activities, and coordinating vendors, subcontractors, and resources, to complete projects according to schedule and budget, while maintaining the company standards of quality.
- Manage all aspects of construction in the field for each project, from planning to implementation.
- Ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, specifications, schedule, budget, and company standards of quality.
- Supervise and schedule all onsite personnel, subcontractors, and deliveries of materials.
- Interface with project inspectors, subcontractors, architects, engineers, city and county officials, and clients.
- Maintain positive relationships with all clients, subcontractors, vendors, and other employees.
- Identify and allocate required resources for assigned projects.
- Understand the project plans and specifications prior to commencement of work.
- Review all work with subcontractors and vendors prior to commencement and at completion of work. Document and distribute pertinent information at time of review.
- Review and verify all materials at time of delivery for accuracy and/or damages.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and company safety standards/regulations. Immediately correct, document, and report any non-compliant occurrences and/or injuries.
- Proactively identify, solve, and report any issues or delays.
- Identify change orders and obtain permission from Project Manager prior to commencing work.
- Perform and document routine quality and accuracy checks.
- Document daily progress according to company process.
- Perform limited hands-on tasks as needed.
- Attend scheduled site and/or progress meetings.
- Always maintain a clean and orderly jobsite.
- Previous experience as a superintendent on highly detailed residential projects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines where a high level of integrity and confidentiality required.
- Ability to read and fully understand complex plans, shop drawings, and submittals.
- Experience with Construction Management Software – ex Procore, Builder Trend, Build Tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Supply own tools to complete limited hands-on tasks.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic