Instructor II – FAA Controller Training Contract (CTS)
Location: Memphis ARTCC, Memphis, TN
Need: Two Full Time (40 hours per week) Instructor Position
The CTC Instructor is a hands-on position that requires the candidate to effectively and consistently deliver the highest quality classroom and simulation laboratory training to a wide variety of students including developmental air traffic controllers and certified professional controllers (CPC). This position will provide mentoring for students and Remote Pilot Operators (RPO) as well as participate in curriculum design and development. The selected candidate must demonstrate the knowledge and skills applicable for obtaining radar and/or non-radar simulation laboratory certifications at FAA air traffic control facilities within the U.S. National Airspace System. The selected candidate will support En Route training requirements at the Memphis Air Route Traffic Control Center (ZME) in Memphis, FL.
- The CTC Instructor candidate must have a minimum of five (5) years Certified Professional Controller experience controlling live traffic, or recent experience as a contract instructor at an FAA air traffic facility. The experience must have been performed at a similar type and level of ATC facility as the ZME.
- The successful candidate for this position must demonstrate strong technical skills with current ATC automation, simulation systems and procedures.
- The selected candidate must demonstrate the knowledge and skills applicable for obtaining radar and/or non-radar simulation laboratory certifications at an Air Route Traffic Control Center within the U.S. National Airspace System.
- Candidates with direct experience as a CPC at the ZME will have priority selection for the position.
- Operational Experience with ATC simulators including scenario design for DYSIM is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with FAA personnel at all levels to ensure the delivery of training services meet the needs of the local facility, as well as the FAA’s overall Air Traffic Control mission is highly desired.
WCG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit resume and cover letter to Roger Jolley at email@example.com
or call 405-245-8346.