Job Title: Software Engineer in Test/Section 508 SME
FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading HR Consulting and Talent Acquisition Firm. We are seeking a Software Engineer in Test/Section 508 SME to assist our client. This position is available for telecommuting.
Our client is looking for a Software Engineer in Test/Section 508 SME to fill a key role. We are a data-driven technology firm determined to create intuitive solutions that inspire and serve real purpose. We value people who use their intelligence and passion to inspire their teammates and make an impact on our customers.
- Provide technical assistance and remediation guidance to developers on Section 508 issues.
- Recommend potential solutions by evaluating new and emerging assistive technologies that support Reasonable Accommodations designed to increase accessibility.
- Collaborate with other engineering groups to improve or upgrade Accessibility features.
- Develop and deliver accessibility training and workshop/job aid as needed for the program.
- Plan, create and execute test cases for Section 508 Compliance testing.
- Assess and evaluate and test for Section 508 compliance utilizing Job Access with Speech (JAW and Accessibility Management Platform (AMP).
- Communicate the status of testing, including reporting of overall test results.
- Verify compliance with 508 accessibility standards. Identify and suggest potential solutions for accessibility barriers based on the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and 2.1 standards as well as compliance with Section 508 and other accessibility-related laws.
- Record issues identified during testing and retest issues after they are resolved by the development team.
- Regularly update technical and business teams as to plans, progress, and issues.
- Adherence to agile and attendance at daily scrum to discuss accomplishments, plans and blockers.
- Document testing methodologies and write accessibility compliance reports.
- Maintains current knowledge of Section 508, its amendments, updates, and industry best practices for IT accessibility.
- Assists with writing basic test procedures and protocols to assess product accessibility and ability of products to meet WCAG 2. 0 and 2.1 guidelines.
- Creation of VPAT according to https://www.itic.org/policy/accessibility
- Identify and significantly contribute, where appropriate, to division initiatives.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in 508 compliance and 7 years’ experience in software development.
- Must have working knowledge of and experience with standard 508 testing tools (i.e. JAWS, AMP, Web Accessibility Tool Bar, Inspect. Etc.). JAWS preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment to meet aggressive goals and pre-defined measurement criteria.
- 3 years of experience with Selenium, Cucumber and JUnit.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Must have knowledge on Defect Management processes; preferably hands on experience with Defect Management Tools.
- Must have prior experience in Manual/ Functional Testing.
- Previous Healthcare IT experience is desirable.
- Experience working on a team using Scrum or other Agile project framework.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence.
- Microsoft ADO.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Must have lived in the United States at least 3 out of 5 years.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Should be deadline and closure oriented, work under tight time constraints with changing requirements.
- Should be self-driven.
- Effectively work on multiple applications and teams simultaneously.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrable ability to lead and work with cross functional teams including senior level individuals.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.