FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading HR Management and Consulting firm. We are seeking a Business Development/Capture Manager to assist our client out of their Washington, DC location. This role is full time and permanent and can be virtual/remote.
Our client, a leading systems integrations firm, is building an exceptional team of GOVCON experts and currently seeking an experienced Business Development/Capture Manager. You will be responsible for driving growth in the Federal sector.
The successful candidate will understand all facets of the business development lifecycle and execute them from opportunity identification to development and implementation of capture strategies. The BD/Capture Manager will develop account plans and market strategies, build an account and customer focused pipeline, and support proposal development. You will build relationships with current and new teaming partners to best position the organization for awards. You will understand the core capabilities and be able to identify gaps in RFP requirements and team when appropriate.
The selected candidate will work with senior staff to execute program strategies and business plans, conduct program reviews and customer assessments, and build and maintain relationships with our current and future customers.
Core Values – Our FORCE is strong
We have developed and live by our core values – our FORCE. They are:
amily - we focus on the well-being of ourselves as we serve our families
pen - we welcome new ideas and accept we can learn from our differences
espect - we will treat everyone with the utmost respect
ommunity - we will devote ourselves to giving back to our communities
xcellence - we will always give our best effort regardless of the task
Minimum Position Requirements
- All phases of relationship building, business development and capture management with emphasis on identification, qualification, and capture phases.
- Support proposal activities, marketing, communications, competitive analysis, and business development. Individual will also identify and participate, as required, in marketing events such as trade shows that support capture objectives.
- Identify and qualify prospective teaming partners.
- Develop and implement strategic planning and positioning for the company.
- Apply industry best practices to identify and qualify opportunities.
- Work with management and technical staff to develop programmatic and technology discriminators enabling successful program capture.
- Identify and participate in marketing events such as trade shows and conferences that support capture objectives.
- Development of a sustained pipeline of opportunities based on short- and long-term procurement cycles. The pipeline must include qualified opportunities that fit the company’s DOD and Civilian market strategic goals and vision, timelines, and capabilities.
- Regular compilation and reporting of opportunities through scheduled internal meetings and Gate Reviews to review capture activity status and teaming plans.
- Capture management of bid opportunities, to include customer contact, incumbent and competitor competitive intelligence research, establishment of themes and discriminators, selection of teaming partners, and completion of all pre-bid capture activities. Results include completion of Gate Reviews for “Pursue-No Pursue,” “Teaming Strategy,” and “Bid-No Bid”.
- Support “Black Hat” competitive intelligence review to include research into team members, input to review team materials, and establishment of themes and discriminators.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and win the work
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to meet security clearance requirements
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills of the English Language
- Ability to establish and build productive customer and industry relationships
- Proven ability to leverage existing partnerships across small, medium, and large businesses and build new relationships
- Shipley Business Development Certification or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience with program management, planning, and execution
- Experience with Salesforce and GovWinIQ