FosterThomas, a leading employee benefits broker in the Annapolis area is seeking an experienced Benefits Advisor / Account Manager. This position presents a wonderful opportunity for growth and development into a leadership role!
This position is responsible for daily account management, benefits advisory, and acting as a subject matter expert to clients. Responsibilities include developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with clients, cross selling and upselling, preparing consolidated proposals, conducting and presenting proposals and renewals, developing benefit summaries, and setting up and implementing online benefit administration systems. Qualified candidates must be detail oriented, have strong presentation skills, impeccable customer service skills and the ability to take ownership of and service midsize and large groups.
- Extensive knowledge of health and welfare benefit plans and insurance carrier products
- In-depth knowledge of Healthcare Reform (ACA), COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, & Section 125
- Exceptional Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of sales and marketing principles
- High level of organizational ability and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Able to manage multiple priorities and complete tasks / assignments in the required timeframes
- Adobe Creative Cloud a plus
- 5 years of industry and health and welfare product line experience
- BA/BS preferred
- GBA or CEBS Certification a plus
FosterThomas, Inc. has been providing top quality Employee Benefits and HR Consulting services for over 27 years. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability and flexible spending accounts. We also offer paid time off and a 401(k) retirement plan.
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.