is a leading Human Capital Management Firm. We are assisting our client, Schuyler Technical (a Bold Ocean company)
in their search for a Purchasing Assistant
Schuyler Technical LLC supports U.S. Flag vessels by providing complete technical management services that keep the vessels operating safely, efficiently, and in accordance with U.S. and international regulations.
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for a variety of routine duties in support of the procurement/purchasing department. General duties include the data processing of invoices, processing warehouse receipts, contacting vendors and transportation companies, and other required administrative duties for the department. This position will coordinate with purchasing, accounting, engineering, and other users to expedite material requirements.
Full-time. This position is located at corporate headquarters in Annapolis, MD and will report to the Purchasing Manager.
- Process invoices in Company Planned Maintenance and Purchasing System - Nautical Systems Enterprise (NSE).
- Process credits and coordinate returns of rejected, or unsuitable materials.
- Process quotations and shipping manifests in NSE.
- Contact vendors and transportation companies to ensure materials, supplies, and equipment are delivered on promised dates.
- Coordinate with purchasing, engineering, and other users to expedite material requirements.
- Maintain records and files pertinent to purchasing information, invoices, shipments and returns of damaged items and ensure invoices are recorded and passed on to company accounting dept for payables processing.
- Compile, record, and track pertinent purchasing and accounting data.
- Respond to routine verbal and written requests for information from internal sources concerning purchasing data and status of material activities.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Degree required; College/University Degree preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar role preferred.
- Organizational skills and ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Previous experience within the Maritime/Shipping sector preferred.
- High degree of computer literacy including excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and Word documents.
- Experience with Nautical Systems Enterprise (NSE) or experience with other Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system preferred.
- Some basic experience in book keeping and cost control and monitoring preferred.
- This role is considered an entry to intermediate level position, and it should be expected that candidates would receive training to achieve success.
FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.