Senior Software Engineer
Location: Ashburn, VA (currently remote)
FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading HR Consulting and Talent Acquisition Firm. We are seeking a Business Analyst to assist our client in Ashburn, VA.
Our client is a Washington DC based SBA Certified 8(a) Small Disadvantaged Business providing Information Technology and Enterprise Software Engineering services to Federal and Commercial sector clients. Our federal sector domain specializations include Border Security and Targeting, Maritime Domain Awareness, Global Supply Chain, Import and Export Processing and operationalizing the U.S. Digital Services Playbook. Our Commercial sector domain specializations include Consumer and Commercial Finance and Lending.
In addition to our domain expertise, we bring technology expertise in the areas of Open-Source Software Development, DevSecOps, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, Cloud Engineering (Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud), Identity Management, Mainframe Modernization, User Interface/User Experience and Agile Frameworks (Scrum, Kanban and Scaled Agile).
This is a long-term position located in Ashburn, VA with part-time remote work.
Client requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DHS/CBP clearance. (Current or prior clearance with DHS or DoD preferred)
- Support development of large mission-critical transaction processing system using Java, Spring Framework, Docker, Kubernetes and related technologies
- Support the migration of data from a legacy relational database system to cloud managed relational or NoSQL databases
- Help evaluate and recommend the technology stack for the database and related integration, migration, management, and monitoring tools
- Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience with Java and Spring Framework development
- 7+ years of experience with commercial relational databases such as DB2 and Oracle.
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with Microservices architecture
- Experience developing and managing services in AWS
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail