is a leading Human Capital Management Firm. We are assisting our client, Schuyler Technical (a Bold Ocean company)
in their search for a Port Engineer
. Schuyler Technical LLC supports U.S. Flag vessels by providing complete technical management services that keep the vessels operating safely, efficiently, and in accordance with U.S. and international regulations.
Full-time. This position is located at corporate headquarters in Annapolis, MD and will report to the VP of Technical.
- Assist with procurement of items needed for projects included but not limited to: equipment, machinery spare parts, tools, consumables, and provisions.
- Create and track RFQs and POs for supplies.
- Analyze quotes for suitability. Confer with suppliers. Ensure quoted product is as per project design parameters or regulatory requirements.
- Oversee in transit visibility of deliveries of supplies to the port and required proper documentation.
- Align technical procurement with the operations department to oversee schedule of supplies.
- Coordinate with subcontractors of projects and assist with their supplies.
- Review technical manuals of various machinery and create preventative maintenance schedules.
- Support SLNC's LNG marine operations
- Travel to project site. Assist project manager or manage directly specific project details on site.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering field, naval architecture or related field preferred. (Experience based training will be considered).
- 2+ years relevant Project Management/Port Engineer experience
- Knowledge in LNG operations and equipment preferred either on the fuel or cargo side, experience with Dangerous Liquids carriage and/or handling.
- Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to be a strong team player and work independently
- Be able to work in a dynamic environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be proactive and take initiative, be multi-faceted.
- Possess strong skillset in Microsoft Office suite (Teams, SharePoint, Word & Excel).
- Ability to understand technical manuals and drawings and provide troubleshooting.
- Ability to write technical reports.
- Ability to identify needed procedures and draft procedure manuals accordingly.
- Willing to travel and supervise project aspects on site.
FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.