Fast paced and growing title company seeks an experienced individual to post-close and review residential title files. As a title processor/underwriter you would be responsible for:
Skills necessary for position:
- Reviewing title abstracts and supporting documents in connection with real estate settlements
- Checking for any objections or encumbrances on title and order proper documentation in advance of closing
- Preparing title commitments based on title review
- Reviewing surveys
- Identifying claims and discrepancies in the title and supporting documents which create clouds on title
- Taking steps to resolve title issues including, but not limited to, obtaining releases of liens and securing necessary documentation and signatures
- Communicating and maintaining relationships with underwriting counsel
- Assisting title processors with items necessary to prepare the file settlement
This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive, team-oriented company currently undergoing substantial growth. The Title Examiner position is a full time position with competitive compensation and benefits.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Qualia preferred
FosterThomas is a vaccinated employer. Foster Thomas requires all employees who will be working in the office, traveling for work or meeting with employees and/or clients to provide proof of vaccination or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Employees who work remotely and are not required to travel or have contact with employees or clients are not required to be vaccinated.