FosterThomas, Inc a leading provider of Human Capital Management Consulting, is seeking a full-time Human Resource Professional to join our team. This position requires in office work at our Corporate location in Annapolis, MD. We offer room for advancement and a competitive compensation package.
Primary Job Duties
- Provide sound HR guidance and recommendations to clients on employee relations issues, compliance, and best practices.
- Ensure client practices are in accordance with human resource policies and labor laws
- Conduct thorough HR research through various methods (SHRM, HR360, DOL)
- Per the direction of a Sr HR Consultant, assist in the development of HR policies; provide consultation and guidance to management in the interpretation of policies and application of related federal and state labor laws
- Assist on the review/update employee handbooks
- Process client payrolls
- Assist in conducting audits of HR activities to ensure compliance is desirable
- Provide HRIS support which may require updating of employee details.
- Assist clients with open enrollment and provide support for benefits-related questions.
- Assist clients with onboarding and offboarding needs.
- Other HR duties as assigned
- BS/BA in human resources, business administration, or relevant field; HR certification preferred
- 3+ years dedicated Human Resources experience with extensive hands-on generalist experience
- Strong HR Generalist Skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills are a must
- In-depth knowledge of HR compliance, labor laws, and best practices
- Ability to prioritize tasks, good time management skills, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with employee benefits
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software, Teams, Zoom, etc.
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action regarding the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
FosterThomas is a vaccinated employer. As such, prospective new hires will be required to provide proof of vaccination or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered.