Project Manager (Implementations)
Summary: The Project Manager (Implementations) manages all phases of the implementation cycle for internal workforce management applications. This includes project planning, analyzing and documenting customer business requirements, configuring the software to implement customer requirements, testing, educating both system administrators and end-users, and status reporting with a focus on Enterprise accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the timely execution of activities by resources assigned to a project.
- Ensures projects are delivered on time, on budget.
- Works directly with stakeholders, internal and external, to drive customer success and achievement of client business objectives.
- Ensures adequate throughput of projects, not allowing projects to become stalled or road blocked.
- Drives two-way accountability in project execution; ensures resources manage their assigned tasks effectively while ensuring that the customer fulfills requirements placed on them in the Statement of Work.
- Identifies and evaluates project risks and develops strategies on how to avoid/mitigate the risk or minimize the impact on the overall project.
- Documents project progress, client interactions, and key decisions made to ensure there is an ongoing project and client history available.
- Effectively facilities meetings, ensuring communication flows smoothly and objectives are consistently met.
- Leads business process and functional requirements gathering sessions, ensuring a clear understanding of the customer’s needs are defined efficiently.
- Configures the software to meet customer requirements.
- Perform adjustments and customization to system configuration and reporting solutions.
- Conduct independent testing and support end users during client-led testing
- Manages projects to traditional measures such as profitability, and their assigned resources to billable and productive utilization.
- Assesses and manages risk effectively, ensuring leadership is engaged to help manage clients as much as necessary but as little as possible.
- Contributes to continuous improvement of the organization by owning components of the technology portfolio, services roadmap, and methodology.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Builds and maintains awareness of critical developments for the domains and industries within internal software.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Ability to direct, manage and motivate project team.
- Build and sustain effective communication with other roles/functional areas involved in the project.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under tight deadlines, often with time and resource constraints while providing adequate attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS office applications. Ability to efficiently manipulate data using Excel both for internal usability and external presentation is a must.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including patience, flexibility, consideration, discretion, tact, confidence, and effectiveness in dealing with people.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel
Education & Experience:
- In-depth knowledge of relational database concepts and logic.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems, demonstrate problem solving and resourcefulness
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, related field, or commensurate experience.
- 4+ years' experience with software deployments and knowledge of SDLC.
- Experience managing resource utilization, revenue, and project profitability.
- Prior experience with software delivery, training, and customer support.
- Experience in Microsoft T-SQL, ability to read and write SQL queries, a major plus.
- Experience with Human Resources, Time & Attendance and Scheduling or similar software systems application is preferred
- Experience in workforce management, payroll, and HR software a plus.
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation, and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.