Technical Services Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities:
A successful candidate is fluent in MS T-SQL and enjoys using queries to solve complex problems. A TSA must be comfortable working directly with customers and collaborating with other team members.
- Plan and manage multiple projects at any given time.
- Conduct meetings/workshops with members of the management team as well as end-users in order to analyze the customers’ business and functional requirements.
- Propose configurations of software recommending industry best practices via an open and interactive dialog.
- Work with customers to evaluate, design, and document logical workflows, which will be configured in the application suite.
- Configure and test software to meet customer requirements.
- Perform adjustments and customization to system configuration and reporting solutions utilizing application menu tools as well as writing T-SQL.
- Assist with functional and integration testing and related documentation.
- Address technical questions from both internal and external IT personnel.
- Address configuration and usability questions from end users.
- Build, document and maintain both file-based and API-based integrations with software, 3rd party vendors, and internal systems to support both client-side and internal processes.
- Participate in the design, implementation, and documentation of partner software integrations.
- Capture requirements, test and deliver reports using SSRS.
- Act as SME on system concepts, features as well as processes within the Professional Services organization.
- Independently participate in cross functional, collaborative, projects with Product and Engineering resources.
- Ability to engage in multiple projects and manage parallel tasks involved in meeting deadlines and deliverables.
- Proficiency in MS office applications. Ability to efficiently manipulate data using Excel both for internal usability and external presentation is a must.
- In-depth knowledge of relational database concepts and logic coupled with experience in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience reading and writing T-SQL, creating efficient queries and stored procedures.
- Experience with SSRS, PowerShell, and API testing tools (Postman, etc.)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under tight deadlines, often with time and resource constraints while providing adequate attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including patience, flexibility, consideration, discretion, tact, confidence, and effectiveness in dealing with people.
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas in person, over the telephone, and in written correspondence.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems, demonstrate problem solving and resourcefulness.
- Comfortable creating and managing sFTP file transmission processes.
- Comfortable in speaking with customers and being able to handle group meetings.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Education and Experience:
- Experience with Human Resources, Time & Attendance, Scheduling, Payroll or similar software systems application is preferred.
- Excellent analytical, logical, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- BA/BS degree (Business Administration, Computer Science or similar) preferred or commensurate experience.
- 5+ years of proven experience in system implementations
- In-depth knowledge of relational database concepts, specifically MS SQL Server.
- Experience developing and implementing file-based and API-based system integrations.
- Experience producing high quality internal and external documentation of requirements, proposed configurations, configured solutions and processes.
- Experience learning new technical tools.
- Experience network troubleshooting of connected devices preferred.