FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading Human Capital Management Firm. We are assisting our client in their search for an Estimator, based out of the Annapolis office. Our client is Mid-Atlantic's most trusted and recognized high-end, custom home building firm. This opportunity offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. This position is full time and permanent.
This position will be an instrumental part of the Business Development Team, building the most complex and high-end homes in the area. Candidate will need to have strong math skills and excellent communication skills to write proposals, cost estimates, and detailed takeoffs.
• Visit construction sites to obtain necessary client requirement information including plans, technical drawings, and project specifications
• Evaluate proposals, specifications, blueprints, and construction documents to understand the project as a whole
• Oversee and coordinate the bid process, obtain multiple bids from subcontractors and suppliers • Estimate time, labor, construction materials, and product costs to determine overall cost for construction projects
• Produce written proposals, cost estimates, budgets, and updates for clients and project managers • Provide accurate and clear quantity takeoff information to provide a detailed list of materials and assess the total construction costs
• Meet with clients on submitted proposal and budgets
• Minimum of 5 years of project estimating experience in the construction industry
• Understanding of estimation metrics is vital
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and construction estimating software
• Requires critical thinking, analytical skills, and very strong math skills
• Stellar communication, project management, and time-management skills are crucial
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic