Human Resources Generalist/Benefits Specialist (Hourly/Full Time)
Join a team of mission-driven employees to help our client manage and lead their Benefits and Retirement Programs. This position is full-time, (roughly 35 hours a week) hourly and has the option to be remote, with the occasional on-site visits as needed. Our client's office is located in Northeast Washington, DC, near The Basilica and the campus of the Catholic University of America, just a few blocks from the Brookland stop on the red line.
Candidates MUST be located in the DMV area.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1, Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Fringe Benefit Program, which consists of Healthcare Coverage (medical, EAP, dental, vision & prescription), Educational Assistance,403(b) Plan, Defined Benefit Pension Plan, Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Plans.
2. Conducts new hire orientation
3. Assists in evaluating job descriptions for equity, and make recommendations to either upgrade, downgrade or maintain appropriate levels and titles.
4. Coordinating health fair/benefit workshops and assisting in staff training programs.
5. Keeps apprised of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations to ensure company compliance
6. Monitors/approve Performance Evaluations for accurate ratings and documentation for the ratings.
7. Act as lead contact to answer all employee benefits questions.
8. Responsible for completing Government Reporting, i.e., Yearly EEO 1 Report and benefits and salary surveys.
Education Level: Bachelor’s degree
Major Field/Specialty: Human Resources or related discipline SHRM-SCP/ SHRM -CP or SPHR/ PHR required.
Strong Excel skills are required.
Knowledge of Catholic Church theology, structure, and hierarchy
Number of Years Required: 7 to10 years of HR generalist experience