Location: Ashburn, VA with part time remote work (currently remote)
FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading HR Consulting and Talent Acquisition Firm. We are seeking a Business Analyst to assist our client in Ashburn, VA (currently remote).
Our client, Tarkik Solutions Incorporated (Tarkik) is a Washington DC based SBA Certified 8(a) Small Disadvantaged Business providing Information Technology and Enterprise Software Engineering services to Federal and Commercial sector clients. Their Federal sector domain specializations include Border Security and Targeting, Maritime Domain Awareness, Global Supply Chain, Import and Export Processing and operationalizing the U.S. Digital Services Playbook. Our Commercial sector domain specializations include Consumer and Commercial Finance and Lending.
In addition to their domain expertise, they bring technology expertise in the areas of Open Source Software Development, DevSecOps, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, Cloud Engineering (Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud), Identity Management, Mainframe Modernization, User Interface/User Experience and Agile Frameworks (Scrum, Kanban and Scaled Agile).
This is a long-term position located in Ashburn, VA with part time remote work; and requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DHS/CBP clearance.
- Leverage an Agile Development process to collaborate with the Product Owner, developers, testers, and other stakeholders to develop a new border security system.
- Manage the requirements and business rules for user-interface applications
- Manage the requirements and business rules for complex transaction processing systems
- Manage the requirements, business rules, and interface definitions for data exchange between various systems
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst supporting complex user-interface and transaction processing systems
- Experience specifying and managing business rules
- Experience specifying data exchange interface definitions
- Data modeling/querying experience (experience documenting the data structures and mapping between the source and target data models)
- Good understanding of the global supply chain / logistics preferred
- Good understanding of US Customs import / export processes preferred
- Knowledge of Agile Frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban
Tarkik Solutions Incorporated is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.