FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading FosterThomas, HR Consulting and Talent Acquisition Firm. We are seeking a Commercial Furniture Installer to assist our client, Edwards & Hill, in their Annapolis Junction location. This opportunity is full time and permanent.
The Furniture Installer will report to the Project Manager (and sometimes the Lead Furniture Installer) for instructions on installation projects. Each project will have a Project Team (consisting of Sales Staff, Project Managers, Customer Service Representatives and Designers). The Furniture Installer’s main job will be receiving, delivering, installing, moving and re-configuring or disposing of Furniture. Furniture Installer will also help with resolving any punch lists. Ability to work well with people and pay attention to detail. Punctual and very organized but also very flexible and able to adapt to rapid changes. Must be a quick learner and self-starter.
1. Knowledge of accurate measurements, drawing of sites, administration and management of furniture, materials, and tools.
2. Mechanical knowledge of machines and tools used in the furniture installation, moving, reconfiguration business.
3. Ability to manage own time and manage personnel resources.
4. Understanding and expression of written and verbal English sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
5. Sensitivity to problems; ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
6. Approximately 2-5 years of experience in the furniture industry
Education: High School Diploma or Greater
Start date: Immediate
We offer paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. We also offer medical, dental and vision insurance. Must have your own tools and transportation. Must be able to lift over 50 lbs. Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening. Must have valid driver's license and SS card. Must be able to pass a US citizenship/immigration verification (US Citizenship required). Ability to drive 24 foot (under CDL) straight truck and a clean driving record is a strong plus.
Note: For candidates invited to an onsite interview, a furniture installation skills test may be given to see how well candidate can assemble and/or disassemble a piece of furniture.
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.