Data Engineer (Entry and Senior Level)
Location: Alexandria, VA
FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading HR Management and Consulting firm. We are seeking a Data Engineer to assist our client out of their Alexandria, VA location.
As a data engineer, you will be responsible for designing and building systems to collect and process data (and events) at massive scale. The data is used for a variety of purposes from business insights to application(s) monitoring.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
Additional Preferred Requirements:
- US citizens only due to federal/government requirement. Must be able to clear U.S. Customs and Border Protection Background Investigation (BI)
- 1-15 years of experience in complete software development lifecycle using Agile methodologies
- Experience with at least one of the following technologies:
- Experience with Hadoop eco system, including HDFS, YARN, Cassandra, Hive, Pig, and Spark
- Batch-oriented and streaming distributed processing methods such as Spark, Kafka, or Storm
- Distributed NoSQL/Key-Value stores such as HBase, Accumulo, Cassandra, or DynamoDB
- Distributed search engines like Elasticsearch or Solr
- Experience using the Big Data technologies at 100+ TB to multi-PB scale
- Java or Scala development experience
- RESTful web services Experience with code development, deployment, versioning, and build tools (e.g. Eclipse, Git, Gradle, Maven, Jenkins)
- Understanding of microservices architecture, including professional experience in the design, build, and operations of microservices in a production environment
- Experience with Relational Database Systems and SQL
- Experience with UNIX/Linux and shell scripting
- Delivering solutions using Amazon Web Services (AWS EC2, RDS, S3, VPC)
- Developing containerized applications using Docker, Openshift
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Customs and Border Protection Background Investigation (BI) desired.
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.