is a leading Human Capital Management Firm. We are assisting our client, in their search for a Senior Associate, Payroll
. This is a virtual based position ideally located in Dallas, Texas, Atlanta, Georgia or New York City, New York. This opportunity offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
The Senior Associate, Payroll, reporting directly to the Associate Director, Payroll & Timekeeping Systems will be responsible for executing & communicating the administrative aspects of the payroll processes for the organization. You will be responsible for the full execution and accountability of the payroll processes and support the time keeping management systems for our US operations, consisting of over 7,500 permanent employees and 7,500 contingent workers & growing rapidly, expected to exceed another 10,000 in additional headcount for perm and contingent.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be responsible for calculation, accuracy, auditing, compliance, adherence to company policy, and timely processing of payroll and all of its elements, including regular pay (salaried and hourly), sales commission, discretionary bonus pay, relocation allowances, severance pay, equity pay, ad hoc incentives for hourly workers, expense reimbursements and other pay elements as needed
- Execute cyclical processing, auditing procedures, and compliance monitoring for payroll and timekeeping
- Document processes, audit procedures, and proofs so that all variations in pay & time submissions are justified in the event of a robust internal or external audit
- Regularly and proactively communicate status to stakeholders, escalating any issues as appropriate to your supervisor and vendor partners
- Provide input on effective practices and continuous process improvement; and facilitate new program or practice development and implementation.
- Work with the Recruiting team, HRBP team and managers as needed to ensure training and understanding of the basics of payroll, timekeeping, approvals and their areas of responsibility
- Partner with our distribution center operations for processes and procedures to ensure accurate and timely submission of timecards & tracking hourly incentives for payroll
- Partner with Benefits, HCM, Compensation, Sales, Distribution Center Operations, and other business area teams for set-up and ensuring their accurate & timely execution for total rewards operational processes, employee life-cycle events, expense payments, and other cross functional business needs & reporting for which payroll or time keeping are involved
- Support organizational accountability for submitting necessary data for time keeping & payroll processing
- Manage important correspondence associated with payroll relating to wage garnishments/payroll taxes/benefits deductions and push forward appropriate adjustments and communications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Human Resource Administration or other related field or equivalent work experience in multi-state payroll processes supporting a large non-exempt workforce
- 3 years of Human Resources experience with a minimum of 1 year of related experience managing multi-state payroll for companies with 10,000+ employees (non-exempt and exempt)
- Ability to multitask using analytical and problem-solving skills within a fast-paced environment with competing demands
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Google Docs, and ability to analyze/interpret data
- Strong communication skills that enable clarity and business action between technical payroll & timekeeping items to non-payroll employees
FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.