FACILITIES MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Location: Space Florida Launch and Landing Facility, Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Description: The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks. Performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry, electrical, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, etc.). Performs general cleaning and other tasks as assigned. This is a full-time, nonexempt hourly position, reporting to the Facilities Manager.
Minimum Qualifications Required. Any combination of training, education, and experience
equivalent to graduation from high school or GED. Minimum five (5) years’ experience in facilities
· Paint, remodel, refurbish areas as needed
· Repair, maintain/monitor all equipment and amenities
· Clean windows and glass doors
· Change of all filters for HVAC as required
· Maintain building interior/exterior
· Remove and properly dispose of all recyclable materials
· Change light bulbs, interior and exterior, as needed
· Assist other trades as required
· Performs other work related duties as assigned
Prior experience in airport maintenance is a plus.