FosterThomas is a Human Capital Management firm based in Annapolis, MD with clients nationwide. We are seeking an experienced HR Generalist to assist our client, located in Jessup, MD. This is an amazing opportunity to grow a strong organization. This position is full time and permanent. Great work environment, work-life balance and growth potential.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain and expand company culture while tasked with responsibility of growing HR departments responsibilities and the department itself.
- Process weekly payroll for ~150 employees (120 Salary, 30 hourly) and any temporary employees.
- Overall oversite of workers compensation Insurance to include submitting claims, any ad-hoc reporting and lead for annual audit.
- Work in conjunction with Director of Food Safety and other leadership to assist with trainings and onboarding.
- Work with leadership and outsourced resources to evaluate overall HR compliance, establishing plan of action to align with company goals.
- Take leadership position with relation to benefits responsible for overall management, reporting and renewals.
- Audit, update and manage employee files.
- Responsible for onboarding process as well as entering and updating employees within payroll, 401k and insurance systems.
- Ability to navigate and thrive within a small/family business type environment as it evolves with the growth of the business.
- Knowledge of HR standards and focus on Personnel/EE Welfare related Human Resources Management.
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter with Initiative
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of MS Excel
- Passion around company culture
- HRIS software experience is a plus
- 4 year degree required, HR focus is a plus
- 5-7 years’ experience in an HR related field
- HR Certifications not required but a plus
- Must have experience with ADP Workforce Now
- Payroll experience necessary
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic