Project Manager/Electronic Dockets System (E-dockets)
Location: Arlington, VA
FosterThomas, a Mid-Atlantic Staffing and Recruiting Firm, is leading the search for a Project Manager/Electronic Dockets System (E-dockets) for our Client located in Arlington, VA.
Our client is seeking an E-dockets Project Manager to manage the continued development of a new docketing system with an outside contractor. The E-dockets Project Manager will serve as the primary liaison and technical lead on behalf of the Commission in order to successfully onboard an Edockets system and ensure integration with the Commission’s website. A successful applicant must have significant project management background and the ability to jump into an application development project mid-stream and quickly come up to speed on the Commission’s requirements and state of the project’s deliverables.
The Postal Regulatory Commission is an independent establishment of the executive branch created by the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act (PAEA) to provide strengthened oversight of the United States Postal Service. Postal regulations require the Commission host a robust docketing system capable of handling large volumes of sensitive and non-public data, as well serve as the system for Commission rulemakings and compliance determinations. The PRC.gov website is the Commission’s primary communication tool and provides access to the Commission’s dockets systems, which allows interested parties to file matters, documents, public and non-public data before the Commission.
The Commission’s docketing system is the repository for the majority of Commission documents and serves as the case management system for all matters filed before the Commission. The Commission’s docket system functions similar to a court, where the Postal Service and other parties file motions, pleadings, comments, and data for review and decision by the Commission. The Commission recognizes that data contained in its docketing system is a primary strategic asset, and values the openness and transparency that this system affords to the public. The Commission docketing system is over twenty years old and imminent, critical application failure is likely to occur. The current system is outdated and uses an unsupported legacy application. The Commission is seeking an experienced Project Manager to manage the remainder of the project on behalf of the Commission.
- Engage in all aspects of project management, from project review at point of onboarding to determine state of existing project, facilitate plan for project completion, manage and conduct system testing, manage project implementation, provide training to Commission staff, and serve as in-house E-dockets expert
- Serve as the Commission’s primary point of contact with the contractor representing the Commission’s interests in obtaining a satisfactory E-dockets solution
- Proactively learn and understand the functions of the Commission’s existing workflows and operations to ensure that the E-dockets solution adequately supports those functions, either by maintaining or improving upon existing workflows
- Review and analyze work products and progress on E-dockets system to-date and provide an assessment for review by Commission staff
- Ensure that documented project requirements accurately represent the features necessary to obtain a satisfactory E-dockets solution
- Serve as COR, work with CO to negotiate modification to contract to complete remainder of electronic docketing system
- Drafts and reviews statement of work (SOW), creates standards for measuring contract performance
- Ensures successful project management by forecasting and limiting costs, reviewing and analyzing application development in connection with Commission requirements, assuring contractor adherence to contract schedules, and provides robust documentation throughout all stages of project
- Communicate with Commission staff to provide timely updates on the status of the E-dockets project, all aspects of project risk, and cooperatively schedule necessary staff involvement
- Coordinate sufficient pre- and post-implementation testing to ensure that the Commission obtains a satisfactory E-dockets solution
- Track issues and provide helpdesk support to E-dockets users during testing and postimplementation. Support investigating, assigning, re-assigning, and solving tickets
- Schedule and coordinate implementation of the E-dockets solution to minimize the impact of downtime on the Commission’s operations
- Develop training materials and perform remote and/or onsite training for users across the Commission
- Review internal Commission policies (e.g., document/data retention, security, contingency planning) for compatibility with the E-dockets solution
- Provide consultation to Commission staff regarding best practices for potential automation of document management activities
- Ensure inclusion in the E-dockets solution of sufficient records management requirements to achieve statutory and regulatory compliance (e.g. National Archive and Records Administration (NARA) and privacy requirements)
- Maintain metrics for system and dataset-level compliance with records management requirements
- Support the Commission with cultural / change management related issues that arise because of the new processes and systems including, but not limited to, supporting the creation and maintenance of Document Control procedures and Work Instructions
A successful candidate will use their technical expertise, project management, and IT development skills to help the Commission’s mission by planning and implementing a secure electronic dockets system (Edockets) and tools for the Commission. This core effort develops and applies critical E-dockets tools to enable E-Discovery, auto-categorization, comprehensive information governance, and Federal records management policy compliance for the success of Commission's mission.
- Familiarity with FedRamp services and the authorization process
- Familiarity with Oracle database and Drupal
- Familiarity with FISMA security requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience providing project management for design, development, and IT projects
- US Citizenship with ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), or FAC-P/PM Senior Level certification
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), Agile development, program and project management techniques, methodologies, and technical best practices
- Federal customer facing experience
- Experience implementing and overseeing end-to-end IT Service Management
- Experienced in planning project timelines, deciding budget requirements, defining scope, and allocating resources
- Experience managing projects from inception to completion and managing the day-to-day execution
- Master's Degree in Mathematics, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or Project Management
- Experience leading operations and maintenance of mission-critical systems with 24/7/365 availability requirements
- Experience modernizing 24/7/365 systems without impacting confidentiality, availability, and integrity
- Experience with Agile Kanban Methodologies
- Other software development related certifications, such as CSM, ITIL, Security+, Cloud Computing
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.