Location: Bethesda, MD
FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading HR Consulting and Talent Acquisition Firm. We are seeking a Staff Accountant to assist our client in their Bethesda, MD office.
This position reports to the Manager of Accounting, with the primary responsibility of assisting in the monthly financial statement close process and associated reporting. The Staff Accountant will play an integral role in the accounting function within our Accounting and Treasury department. Specifically, s/he will be responsible for:
Preferred Professional Qualifications
- Processing accounts payable, corporate credit card and travel expenses
- Preparing manual journal entries
- Preparing daily cash reconciliations
- Supporting monthly and year end close processes
- Preparing monthly general ledger account reconciliations
- Compiling and analyze financial data
- Completing other duties as assigned
- Preparing month end and year end supporting schedules.
- Bachelor degree in accounting required.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external entities to maximize performance and creativity
- Strong problem solving and researching skills
- Self-motivated, has the ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in the document management industry is highly desired
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.