FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading HR Management and Consulting firm. We are seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
to assist our client out of their office, located on the Maryland side of Washington, DC. This is a full time, permanent position.
As the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and under the leadership of the CEO,
you will lead the Company’s vital finance function. Serving on the executive team, the CFO will oversee the finance function, including related strategy, operations and compliance during a time of ambitious growth. In partnership with the executive team and other leaders of the organization, the CFO will create opportunities and solve problems that propel the business forward. The CFO will ensure the highest standards of financial management and guide how the company manages revenue, expenses and cash flow to achieve its goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee accounting and financial reporting, including financial statements, budgets, cash management, and preparation of expenditure responsibility reports and financial forecasts
- Supervision of accounting systems, software and the information included in each, including accounts payable, and account reconciliation for the organization
- Create, track, and reconcile budget expenditures
- Act as liaison with outside accountants, legal counsel, and all bank account and financial relationships
- Supervise and manage the preparation of all financial activities. Create and present reports to CEO and Board of Directors as required
- Oversight of all business, including but not limited to service contracts, office management and supervision of Finance staff
- Partner with HR on all benefit decisions and hiring/compensation decisions
- Support CEO with daily decision making and special projects related to managing the business
- Act as the Chief Financial Officer and Strategic Business Partner for the Senior Executive Leadership Team
- Provide insight and recommend short- and long-term growth plans of the organization
- Identify and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information
- Evaluate departments and make suggestions for automating processes
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as appropriate by the Senior Leadership Team
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline with an MBA or CPA preferred.
- Minimum fifteen years of financial leadership experience with increasing responsibility.
- Strong operational focus and track record of having driven costs out of the business.
- Expertise in more than one financial function/discipline, including experience with budgeting, reporting and standardization of process and workflows.
- Strong systems and process understanding and orientation; past experiences in financial technology system implementation a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and managing the use of effective, complex financial models and forecasting methodologies within a growth environment.
- Demonstrated leadership in strategically building, managing, and leading a finance organization.
- Experience in both large and small companies, with public accounting experience a plus.
- Experience working with Private Equity firms, capital raising, etc.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in accounting/bookkeeping.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent analytical skills to be able to interpret financial statements, proactively identify underlying trends and share those with members of the Senior Leadership Team
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to organize, motivate, lead and hold accountable a team of accounting professionals
EEO Statement: FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.