is a leading Human Capital Management Firm. We are assisting our client, Schuyler Line Navigation Company (a Bold Ocean company)
in their search for a Vessel Operations Coordinator
. This position will be located in Annapolis, MD
. This opportunity offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. This position is full time and permanent.
Operational Duties of this Position:
- Creating and sending Master’s voyage instructions to the vessels
- Nominating vessel agents & port captains, surveyors etc
- Creating new vessel & voyage files in Veson
- General correspondence during voyages with charterers, agents, owners and the vessel
- Invoicing, Hire statements and Laytime calculations
- Monitoring day to day operations of the ship, and be involved in the analysis and monitoring of operational data to ensure potential problems are averted.
- Provide guidance and reporting to Vessel Managers, as well as Technical, HSQE, Crewing and Purchasing Teams on any special requirements that may impact those departments
- Tracking & reminders for outstandings on voyage accounting
- PDA /FDA tracking, organization, reminders and checking
- Settling out Owner’s expenses
- Oversight on Tracking Containers – laden and empty
- Oversight on AMS entries for laden cargo into the USA
- The company may also require you to attend meetings or sit on committees established within the Maritime industry to represent the company.
- The Vessel Operations Coordinator must be a strong communicator who is capable of writing in a clear and structured way.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are necessary for working through operational challenges to help improve efficiency and predict operational problems. Strong negotiation skills are an asset in dealing with agents, stevedores, bunker suppliers and other support groups with whom you will interact.
- An ability to plan and maximize vessel, voyage and port performance
- Due to the nature of the industry, with the fleet vessel’s in semi-liner and tramp trades, you must be flexible in working some unpredictable hours. The job requires some travelling.
- A desire to be part of an international, motivated environment where we work towards common goals.
- A strong familiarity with Microsoft Teams, Outlook and Veson
FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.