US-MD-Elkridge – Currently Remote
Our client is seeking a Solutions Architect to help with competitive solutioning activities. We’ll count on our new teammate for your technical expertise in areas including custom software development, web development, enterprise architecture development, digital services and emerging technologies. As an integral part of our Growth team, you’ll support business development, Capture, and proposal activity. Alongside your technical vision, you’ll provide expert input on solution design, resource estimating and pricing. You’ll help us envision federal healthcare IT solutions that meet or exceed customer needs.
Our Solutions Architect will join our Growth organization, which includes Business Development, Capture and Proposal resources. We’ll need you to participate in solutioning sessions with prospects and partners, and to review procurements and advise on technologies in response. You’ll have access to our project and program managers, as well as our engineers and technical subject matter experts, as you come up to speed on our capabilities. We’ll count on you to help us analyze requirements, determine their suitability for our tools and fit for our strategic goals, and assist in scoping, architecting and pricing solutions. Your writing and reviews will help inform our technical responses to the government. This role will:
Qualifications - Technical
- Quickly come up to speed on NewWave technical capabilities and past performance in order to effectively leverage existing skills and capabilities within proposed solution architectures.
- Analyze and interpret procurement requirements and assist with responses.
- Liaise with your counterparts on engineering and delivery teams to provide expert opinions on the company's ability to meet new government requirements.
- Design technical solutions (strategy and approach) for large, enterprise-wide proposals, as well as task order responses for IT business opportunities.
- Participate in team discussions to assess competitive strengths and weaknesses, win themes and discriminators, unique features and benefits, critical success factors, and cost/schedule/performance trade-offs.
- Contribute to marketing briefings and other materials as need arises throughout the capture lifecycle on opportunities.
- Provide technical input as needed into proposal components such as work breakdown structures, staffing levels, project organization, transition planning, performance work statements/metrics, quality assurance, risk mitigation, and pricing.
- Attend and document customer visits, site surveys, and trade shows/conferences to gather and convey marketing intelligence on emerging requirements and technologies.
- Working with our Capture Managers, translate customer needs into compelling solutions for proposals.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert to prime contractor team members in responding to technical requirements within core competencies.
Qualifications – Non-Technical
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies across Windows and Linux, with demonstrated hands-on experience on one or more of the following domains:
- Azure Core Platform: Compute, Storage, Networking
- Data Platform: SQL Server, Azure SQL DB, Azure Data Factory
- Application development & debugging experience: C/C++/C#, Python, Node.JS, etc.
- Website troubleshooting & coding experience: IIS, Azure Web Apps, PHP, Apache, Tomcat, WordPress, etc.
- Bigdata and Cognitive Services: HDInsight/Hadoop, CosmosDB, Machine Learning, Azure Stream Analytics
- Identity and Authentication: SSO/Federation, AD/Azure AD etc.
- Azure Application Development or support experiences with Azure PaaS services (Redis Cache, Service Bus, Event Hub, Cloud Service, IoT suite, Mobile Apps, etc.).
- Experience in one or more automation languages (PowerShell, Python, C#, Open Source) desired.
- Certification in Microsoft and/or competing Cloud Technologies is also desired.
- 3+ years of technical proposal support with a demonstrated track record of wins; capture experience a plus.
- Ability to cultivate productive working relationships with internal managers and peers as well as partners and consultants. Must facilitate collaboration towards innovative technical solutions.
- Experience in translating and mediating between technical and business language and stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a team environment, exercising sound judgment, clarity in communications, and respect.
- A positive attitude, the ability to multi-task, and being able to work in an occasionally fast-paced environment are keys to success.
- Maintain completeness, timeliness and accuracy of all deliverables.
- Exercise critical thinking, reading and interpretation skills.
- Solid interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and organizational skills - must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
- A demonstrated ability to learn and acquire new technologies as needed.
- Ability to maintain flexible work schedule to meet unplanned proposal requirements with limited supervision.
- At present this is a fully remote position. When our nation, our community, our partners and our clients transition to resuming in-person interactions, the Solution Architect will be expected to travel as appropriate, mostly within the DC metropolitan area (less than 25% travel) and to our offices in Elkridge, MD.