Director of Finance Planning & Analysis
Location: Baltimore, MD 21218
Reporting directly to our client’s Chief Financial Officer, the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis will be responsible for managing the creation and maintenance of all financial models and tools that support the organization. This role will partner closely with stakeholders across the organization to manage the short-, medium- and long-range strategic planning, oversee the annual budgeting process, establish the monthly/quarterly/annual reporting cadence, and support a wide range of strategic analysis and decision making.
- Creates, maintains and updates various financial models, reports and analyses for our client o include the NSF Funded Centers, their affiliates, and corporate. Serves as resident expert on cost allocation and appropriate application of indirect cost assessments to ensure
- Ensures the indirect rate reporting is analyzed throughout the fiscal year and forecasted against the approved provisional rates.
- Oversees the development of the indirect cost recovery rates for application and submission to the Corporate office and NSF.
- Oversees the annual forecasting and budget processes. Prepare insightful analyses to highlight budget variances and drivers. Ensure budget guidance is adhered, the submission is timely and executive level reporting is thoughtful and concise.
- Responsible for ensuring financial reporting is adequate, accurate, timely and in compliance with policies, US GAAP, Federal Uniform Guidance, laws, regulations and other industry best practices.
- Lead the Deltek Costpoint Budget and Planning implementation and integration for the NSF Funded Centers.
- Prepare and present financial analyses, trends, and metrics to senior leadership and governance to include preparing the board of director and committee
- Analyze and interpret data for monthly senior management meetings and bi-monthly governance meetings. Responsibilities include variance and trend analysis and projections of results for the current year. Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior leaders in the ground-based observatories to identify their needs and deliver a robust range of business and financial solutions.
- Develop strong working relationships with external staff from the NSF and serve, along with the Corporate Chief Financial Officer, as one of the primary liaisons with the NSF and state government
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 7-12 years of progressively increasing responsibilities in Finance/ Financial Planning and Analysis with solid team management experience
- Demonstrated experience creating financial reports and analyses with an established knowledge of all aspects of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Expert Microsoft Excel skills and the exhibited ability to create useful analyses from raw Extensive financial modeling experience.
- Significant experience with Federal awards, Uniform Guidance, and indirect cost
- Experience with business analytics and data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI,
- Analytical, intellectually curious and a clear thinker who can concisely summarize conclusions derived from financial analyses, an exceptional problem
- Proven record of strong collaboration with a wide variety of administrative, technical and scientific personnel, including C-Suite/senior level executives, in the accomplishment of organizational
- Results oriented with a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential
- Self-starter, deadline driven, organized and able to
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to create clarity and direction within the
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment, in an international organization and/or in a high technology industry sector.
- Experience implementing ERP software and managing the associated organizational change
- Excellent management abilities, adept leader capable of inspiring and motivating teams through change, and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, orally and in writing
- Advanced degree
- CPA designation
- Experience using Deltek Costpoint, including COGNOS reporting
- Fluency in Spanish is highly desired
- Travel may be necessary in or outside the contiguous United States.