is a leading Human Capital Management Firm. We are assisting our client, Bold Ocean (an exciting, growing maritime shipping company)
in their search for a Staff Accountant – Accounts Payable.
This position will be located in Annapolis, MD
. This opportunity offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. This position is full time and permanent.
Looking for someone who is motivated, works well in a team, fast-paced, high volume environment, is flexible, detail oriented, works independently after training, and is willing to learn new systems. Attention to detail is imperative as invoices are in multiple currencies, have different vendor locations, and multiple bank accounts. The Staff Accountant - Accounts Payable position will be under Bold Ocean, and performed with the supervision from Accounts Payable Manager.
Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform data entry of invoices received through the mail and emails to be entered into Accounting software system(s).
- Scan and process invoices that come in from the mail and send to appropriate party.
- Correspond via email with individual(s) responsible for approvals and coding of invoices.
- Organize and file payables email as tasks are completed in appropriate folders.
- Interact with vendors on A/P issues & maintain positive working relationships with vendor staff.
- Prepare and enter journal entries and other month end accounting activities and reports.
- Perform miscellaneous accounting projects as assigned on an as needed basis.
- Accounts Payable/Accounting background (preferably 5+ years experience)
- Degree in Accounting (or equivalent experience)
- Must be reliable, eager to learn and extremely trustworthy
- Must be able to multitask and communicate effectively
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Willing to learn or are familiar with Business Central, NSE, ADP, and Veson
- Must be willing and able to learn other accounting software systems.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records.
FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.