Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
Location: Tucson, AZ or Baltimore, MD
The Senior Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for processing high-volume, full-cycle accounts payable, utilizing the Deltek Costpoint ERP, to include coding and entering vendor invoices, preparing invoices for payment, processing employee expense reimbursements, scheduling and processing disbursements for vendors, ensuring accurate and timeline processing of high volume of invoices and expense reports.
- Process AP transactions ensuring invoices are processed timely with each cycle.
- Works with Procurement and Internal managers to verify approval of invoices to ensure timely payment of vendor invoices.
- Travel expense report review for math accuracy, proper approval and receipts and adhering to federal compliance requirements.
- Maintains records for encumbering and paying employee and visitor travel.
- Responsible for efficiently performing assigned general accounting functions to include account reconciliations.
- Maintains and distributes accounting documents, records and reports.
- Prepares journal vouchers.
- Sets up vendors in accordance with AURA policy and IRS reporting requirements.
- Manage new vendors bank information in Costpoint
- Communicates with vendors via phone or e-mail.
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, account discrepancies and follows-through to resolution.
- Run necessary accounts payable reports in Deltek Costpoint and utilize MS Excel to analyze data.
- Performs general analysis and reconciliations of employee and non-employee travel advances, reimbursements and requests.
- Participate in month-end accounts payable processes.
- Understands requirements for 1099 vendors and assists with annual reporting for IRS 1099 preparation and reconciliations.
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent and at least 5 years of related experience
- Must have experience processing Accounts Payable in Deltek Costpoint
- Experience with federal government regulations (FAR, JTR, GSA)
- Must have a working knowledge of Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (2 CFR 200), and Federal Acquisition Regulations with regard to travel, direct and indirect costs, and unallowable expenses.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS Excel
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Team player with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Must be deadline driven, organized and detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills