FosterThomas, Inc. is a leading Human Capital Management Firm. We are assisting our client, Bold Ocean,
in their search for a Crewing Payroll & Benefits Processor (Part-time).
Bold Ocean, a leading U.S. Flag Shipping Company, is committed to servicing complex shipping needs for partners around the world.
Part-time (estimated 20 hours per week), 4 hours a day Monday through Friday. This position is located at corporate headquarters in Annapolis, MD and will report to the Manager of Marine Personnel.
- Process payroll for shipboard employees, including reviewing and importing hours from ABS Nautical Systems, entering tax and direct deposit information, administering regulatory requirements, e.g., garnishments, tax levies, and support orders, and other adjustments to pay as necessary.
- Implement and maintain payroll best practices to improve efficiency and consult with Manager of Marine Personnel to improve payroll and HRIS process.
- Maintain complete electronic employee personnel files, records, and other documentation for employees, including processing new employees, forms for employment status changes and maintaining timely and accurate files.
- Process paperwork for new employees and enter their information into ADP Workforce Now.
- Provide information to employees and managers on payroll matters, tax issues, and deductions.
- Plan, conduct, and report results of audits to ensure all enrollments are accurate and that dependent information is correct for each employee and work closely with accounting for quarterly and year end audits (payroll, Workers Comp, 401k, etc.).
- Address benefit inquiries to ensure timely and accurate resolutions.
- Process monthly billings from providers. Review billings for accuracy and approve for payment in a timely manner. Resolve discrepancies with carriers and management.
- Maintain and submit employee benefit enrollment, re‐enrollment, and discontinuation.
- Participate in the weekly All Company and Crewing Department meetings.
- Maintain records and supports for open crew claim matters.
- Participate in the monthly Crew Claim meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Degree required; College/University Degree preferred.
- Payroll experience preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional analytical skills and ability to create useful and actionable reports from data.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to edit and proofread.
- Possess a creative outlook with a problem‐solving attitude.
- Excellent time management, organizational, and follow‐through skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
FosterThomas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal employment opportunities in recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation and disciplinary action with regard to the terms and conditions of employment. FosterThomas does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, age, sex, disability, marital status, gender identity genetic information, sexual orientation, or sex, including pregnancy and childbirth, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.